Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Missing You

Two years ago, we spent the day
together. We went to a museum,
bought grab bags, and
ate a picnic together.
Sometimes it feels like so
much more than two years.
Sometimes it feels like so much less
than two years.
I miss the normal things of life.
I miss the parks, museums, picnics.
I miss the kids yelling,
"Oma, Oma, watch this"
I miss you watching what they were doing.
I miss the joy on their faces as they
ran to you.
I miss the joy on your face as you saw them running
towards you.
I miss the little things. The days that were
special just because they were days
we spent together. I miss all of the days
that you won't spend with us.
I miss all of the parks that we'll visit
without you.
I miss all of the things that we'll do without you.
I wish that we could have done more.
I wish that you'd never gotten sick.
I wish the kids were saying,
"Oma guess what. Oma look at this.
Oma I love you."
I wish you were here to watch them grow up.
Mom, I miss you so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home