Monday, July 19, 2010

I Have Found....

that grief is like the ocean, the tides
coming in and out.
There are days that are so hard, I feel
the crushing weight of the loss of you.
There are
days when I laugh, I feel great,
I look forward to the future.
Then there are days,
when the tide comes crashing in. The smallest
things can make me cry. The scent of your perfume
makes me long for you.
This is what I hope:
I hope I will be to my children what you are to me.
I hope that when I face death, I can say I lived
with no regrets.
I hope that I make you proud.
I hope that my children will never
forget you.
I hope that in times of crisis, sadness, grief, I will
never lose my faith.

I hope that I will be everything that you raised me to be.

Mom, I love you. I miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home