Thursday, May 27, 2010

Friendly's

Hi Mom,
I miss you so much. I've been having such a
hard month. The grief literature tells me
that it's because I'm leaving the
shock phase of your death.
Lucky me. The grief is supposed to get
harder now. I didn't think it could get any harder,
but it is. This morning, I went to Friendly's
for the first time since you've died.

We sat at the table where we ate lunch with the kids right after we found out you were sick.

We had the same waitress that served us
all of the times that we'd been to
Friendly's together.
I couldn't help but stare at the table we
sat at the last time we ate at
Friendly's together. It was empty.
Mom, I miss you so much. Nothing is the same
without you. I want life
back the way that it was. I want you back.
Dad and I cry every time we're together.
We talk about you laugh and then cry.
It would be funny if it weren't so sad.
One day I know that I will be able to do
things without crying. One day I know that my
grief won't be this bad. One day I know that I will see you again.
I love you Pal. I miss you Pal.
I'd do anything to have you back Pal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home