Monday, August 23, 2010

Eleven Years Ago

We first met at the county fair.
We were introduced by mutual friends.
Not on purpose, we all sort of ran into each other.
God knew what He was doing.
Eleven years ago,the night we met, I never would have imagined
my life like this.
I had recently divorced a man that I met at
Bible college. It was a hard and horrible time in my life.
I never thought I would divorce, I never
thought I would date or even marry again.
Then I met Jon. He's everything that I'm not.
He's shy, he's careful, he thinks things through.
I'm chatty, impulsive, spontaneous.
We hit it off right away.
We became fast friends. Before we knew it, we were dating.
Two years later, we were married.
Jon is my best friend. I love him more today than I did yesterday.
I respect him as a husband, father, man.
I am amazed that we met at a fair. I am amazed that
the man the Lord picked out for me was not
from Bible college, he was not
from my church. He was at the fair.
Eleven years ago we met. We talked about
running, we shared fry dough.
I thought he was awfully cute.
He just rolls his eyes when I share that information.
Every year we visit the fair where we met.
We force our children to hear about that night.
We make googly eyes at one another (well, I make the
eyes. Jon endures them).
I can't imagine what my life would have been like without Jon.
I know that God brought us together for a purpose.
As I look into the eyes of our four children, I am thankful that
I went to the fair that night and happened to run into some friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home