Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Gift Of Love

My Mom's favorite cake is Boston
Cream Pie. She's had one
every birthday since she turned six.
Every year, since they married, my Dad has
made her a Boston Cream Pie
for her birthday.
This year he made Mom's favorite cake.
It was a hard day for me, for Dad. Me as I shopped for
a birthday present for Mom. Looking for something
that could erase the past year. Take us back
before cancer.
For Dad it was hard as he made
a cake that he's made every year
for almost 38 years.
Last year Mom's birthday was just
a birthday. There was not thought of
"could this be the last";
I didn't shop with quite as much
care. I'm so thankful that
we were able to spend another
birthday with my Mom.
I hope Dad will be making her
a Boston Cream Pie next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home