Sunday, December 6, 2009

I Serve A God Greater Than...

Two years ago, Jon and I received a call from
the county asking us to take
an infant for a short term placement.
We really hadn't taken foster children
before, because we felt adoption was
our calling.
We took the infant, and two months
later we welcomed his two year old
brother into our family.
For one year, the boys lived with us.
Right before my Mom was diagnosed
with cancer, we asked to have the boys
removed. I know now that it was
the Lord preparing us for my Mother's illness.
After two and a half years, our
boys still remain in foster care, and
in our lives.
It has always been our desire to adopt these
children. Our desire may
not be God's, and
so we close our eyes and trust His
will in their lives and ours.
We treasure the opportunities that
we have to be with the
boys. We treasure
the time we have to enjoy seeing
all of the kids together.
God has softened my heart and
filled it with love for their
birth mother.
She has become part of our family.
I can say, I love her. Jon loves her.
Our children love her.
That is God, not us.
Today, the boys mother went with us to church.
During church, I realized I serve a God
greater than a circumstance.
I serve a God greater than a court system,
a case worker, a judge.
I know that if the Lord wills these
boys back into our family,
they will be with us.
If it is God's will for us to adopt them,
it will happen.
Meanwhile, I enjoyed the day that
we had with the boys.
I enjoyed being able to be their "Mom" again,
even if it was just for a day.
I enjoyed holding them, loving them,
praying over them.
I serve a God greater than the foster care
system, greater than the pain of hurting children.
I serve a God that can perform miracles.
I serve a God that loves and holds these boys.
He loves them more than I ever can.
He will lead us and guide us through this time.
He is a wonderful father who holds our family
in His loving hands.

1 Comments:

Blogger mrsjdt said...

Absolutely beautiful.

December 9, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home