Monday, March 22, 2010

On Being a Mother

I love being a Mom. Yes, there are days,
but generally speaking being a Mom is
a career choice that has been
both fulfilling and rewarding.
Foster parenting is not something that I ever wanted
to do. Yet when our county's foster care
department asked us to take back the
two little boys who had been in our care,
neither of us could say no.
So, for the past month in a half, I have
enjoyed being a Mom to two little boys
that I love as much as I love my own children.
I have enjoyed remembering past times together
as well as making new memories with them.
I have thought about my Mom a lot. How much
she loved the boys. What she would think
and say about their return into our family.
I have talked to God a lot. Searched for His
will in all of this.
My Mother's illness and death taught me a lot
about waiting on God. It taught me a lot about trusting in God
even when it seemed impossible.
Today, we learned that the court system has agreed to give P. and
Baby D.'s mother another year to try and get her children
back. I have mixed feelings about that news.
I love the boys mother. I want to see her
succeed. I want her to become the type of
mother that her children deserve.
I also want her to fail. I want to adopt her boys.
It seems like God must have brought them back to us so
that we could adopt them. That makes so much sense to me.
I know that what I think is best isn't always
what God knows is best.
The news from court today wasn't surprising.
These children have been in care for three years.
A judge that has never met them just made it four years.
I know that God loves the boys more than I ever could.
He knew they were coming home to us, and He knows if and
when they will be leaving us.
Meanwhile, I just enjoy each new day that I get to be a Mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home