Friday, May 28, 2010

The Desires of My Heart

I often think of the verse
Psalm 37:4
"Delight yourself in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of your heart."
I am human, and I'm tempted to think of
what I don't have, but the Lord is faithful
and He reminds me of what I do have.

I love the stories of our children. I love how God
made them, protected them, and brought
each of them into our hearts and our family.
I love how God took something that could have been so
tragic and turned it into something so beautiful, in
the way that only He can.
My Lord is such a loving and merciful God.
As I watch my children play, as I listen
to them talk, as I hear their
laughter and see their smiles,
as I accept their hugs and kisses, I know one thing is true,
my children are the desires of my heart.
My Lord brought me each of them, and He has given
me the privilege of being their mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home