Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hats For Sale

So, I've been on a bit of a knitting jag lately.
I love to knit, and I've started knitting hats for the kids
this winter.
I found a great pattern that called for hand died wool.
I had to dye the wool with Kool-Aide.
The colors didn't turn out quite as bright as I wanted, so
I started experimenting.
I ended up with lots of hats in lots
of colors.
I've finally found some yarn
and colors that I like.
Unfortunately, I now have LOTS of knit hats.
They're very cute, but I feel a bit
like the hate peddler in the children's book.
You know, the one with all the hats on his head.
He falls asleep, and the monkeys start to take his hats.
I may start walking through the house chanting,
"Hats for Sale".
I think my own sweet little monkeys will enjoy these hats
as much as the monkeys in the book did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home