Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kalea's First Vet Visit

Today we took Kalea to the vet. It was her first vet
trip since she came to us.
Boy, do I feel like a failure as a pet owner. Well, not
really. First let me start by saying, this is a new vet for
us. He's closer to our home. We used to take
our animals to a vet about 40 minutes from us. They were closer to us before
we bought our house. Now, we want someone that's closer.
This new vet is a bit like the "House" of veterinarians.
I guess you either love that type of person, or hate them.
I'm not sure which side I'm on yet.
He was full of interesting information,
with a dose of everything
that we could be doing differently.
NO treats. NO Iams. NO Purina.
Must feed the puppy three times a day, and only a quarter of a
cup per feeding.
Must weigh her to make sure she's not gaining too much, but also isn't losing
too much. Now, about weighing the dog. The only way
to do that is for one of us to stand on the scale holding the dog
after weighing ourselves. Frankly, I'd rather not know
how much I weigh. Unless, of course, I can blame
the weight gain on the puppy.
That just doesn't seem right.
Back to the visit. No shots yet, in two weeks.
Feed Science Diet. Clean ears regularly. Squeeze anal
sack (WHAT?!)
Only fresh veggies and pumpkin for treats.
Now I tried the pumpkin and veggie trick with the cat.
Not such a hit.
I'm not sure how I feel about the visit.
Jon calls it information overload.
Kalea is just sleeping the visit off.
I guess he takes his job seriously.
That's not such a bad thing. Look at that sweet puppy.
I'm off to break out the green beans. Perhaps
I'll dip them in pumpkin.

1 Comments:

Blogger mrsjdt said...

How sweet is that??!!!!! Your Blog is just great---you could be a writer!!!!

May 9, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home