Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Holding Hands

I try to take the kids walking every morning.
It clears my head, helps them get some exercise,
and gets us all ready for the day to come.
I also learn a lot about my kids while we're walking.
They love to talk.
Last week, Kobe ran up to me, grabbed my hand,
and said, "I want to hold your hand Mommy."
This isn't anything new. He's held my hand before.
As he's getting older, he's holding it less and less.
I remember my Mom once telling me,
"Enjoy it while it lasts. Little boys grow
up to become young men. They don't want to
hold their mom's hand forever."
So, as we walked and talked.
I just enjoyed the feel of his hand. His strong little fingers.
I thought of all the hands he would hold in the future. I thought of
all of the things he would do without me.
I prayed for his future wife and children. I prayed for
the man he would become, and then I just
enjoyed the now. The feeling of his hand
in mine, and I prayed that the time wouldn't
go too fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home