Thursday, September 24, 2009

Home Schooling FUN!!!

Five years ago, if you had asked me about home schooling
or my opinion of it, I might have laughed.
I never would have considered the fact that I
might become a home schooling parent.
That I might enjoy home schooling.
Three years ago, we met our children.
It became not what I thought
about home schooling (people with
LOTS of kids, women wearing jumpers and
driving mini vans), it became
what was best for my kids.
For them, home schooling was the right fit. This
month we have started our
third year educating at home.
It's been such a great experience
for all of us.
For them, the security of being at home
and loved. They get lots of one to one attention,
and we can go as slow or as fast as they need.
For me, being able to spend
the time with my kids. The time that I didn't
get to spend with them when they were younger.
Today, the kids learned about Patrick Henry
and his speech to the colonists "Give me
liberty or give me death".
It was so fun to spend the time with them
making these silhouettes, and to listen
as K. told me, "They look like real people."
At which point, I looked at him and told him,
"You are real people."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home