Thursday, October 8, 2009

Counting My Blessings

My mom always sings this song, "Count your blessings,
name them one by one, and you will discover what the
Lord has done.
Last week, we received the news we'd been
dreading. Mom's cancer has spread.
There's nothing else that can be done for her.
Upset by this news, I've decided to focus
on my many blessings.
I'm thankful for my husband of eight years.
He came when I never thought I would
marry. He's by best friend and soul mate.
I'm thankful for my children, and
their adoption after three LONG
years of waiting.
I'm thankful for my parents who are
Godly, and raised me to
love and serve the Lord.
I'm thankful for my brother and the
relationship that I have with him.
Our relationship led me
to want to adopt siblings, so that
they would not have another
loss to add to everything else already taken
from them.

When I think of all of the things that
I have been given, the happy years with
my husband, children, and parents,
I realize how lucky I am. I realize
what the Lord has done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home