Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Jesus

If you listen to the media, the right
gift, food, perfume,
trip, will make your Christmas Merry.
I know this is not true.
This year, I don't care what gifts
I get, what trips I take, nothing
will make my heart feel whole again.
Not this year.
I miss my Mom. I miss her
every day. I miss her every minute.
I think about her all of the time.
And yet I've found
that friends help to heal the pain.
Children give me a reason
to move forward.
They give me a reason to smile,
laugh, and to plan a Christmas time.
Family time together makes
my heart feel happy.
Our annual trip to see Lights
On The Lake, gave me a night
full of fun.
Of course I missed my Mom, I thought
of how much she would have
loved the lights, but I also
realized she's seeing the
most amazing Heavenly lights right
now. Christmas lights would pale
in comparison.
No Christmas gift can ever
heal the pain of missing my Mom,
but my heart sang as I watched
my children singing on Christmas Sunday.
Doodles, so nervous, standing up in
front of the whole church and singing
songs of praise to her king.
A king, whose birthday is the reason for
Christmas. Whose death on the
cross gives me the hope of seeing my
Mother again, of spending all
of eternity with my
Prince of Peace.
His gift heals my heart,
brings me hope,
gives me strength.
Happy Birthday Jesus.
Thank you for giving us
your Son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home