Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Candy Cane Cupcakes

I LOVE to bake. Anyone that knows
me, knows that. Anyone that knew my
mother, knows that this love of baking
came from her.
I found some extra candy canes lying around,
and I decided to make
candy cane cupcakes.
I found some recipes on line,
and I used a little of this
and a little of that
to make my own version of candy cane
cupcakes.
Here's the recipe:
4 large eggs
1c. sugar
1c. milk (skim works fine)
1c. vegetable oil
2tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2tsp. peppermint extract
2c. flour
3tsp. baking powder
1/2tsp. salt
red food coloring (gel or liquid)
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line cupcake pan with 24 muffin
papers. Mix together eggs and sugar. Beat until
their smooth and the sugar is really incorporated.
Stir in milk, oil, vanilla, and peppermint.
In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
Add the dry to wet and stir until smooth.
Divide the batter in half and color half red.
With a spoon, put a little "white" batter into
the cupcake cups.
Next put some red, then white, end with red.
Bake for about 20 minutes.
Allow to cool. Frost as desired. I used
mini candy canes as a decoration.
These cupcakes were a hit.
I took them to my book club last night, and everyone
loved them.
Most importantly, my kids loved them.
They really make the house smell and
look like Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home