Saturday, December 26, 2009

Our First

Hi Pal,
Yesterday was our first Christmas without you.
Boy was it sad. We did our best though,
you would have been proud of us.
On Christmas Eve, the kids sang at
church. They did great.
After church we ate our
Christmas Eve dinner of Salmon. Dad had
steak :o)
After dinner, we opened our
Christmas Eve pajamas.
Boy did I miss giving you Fun Girl
pajamas.
Jon bough Transformer pj's for
the Big K. and himself.
K. loved his! Doodles
and I had matching owl pajamas.
I even bought some pj's for Dad.
He was so excited to have a Christmas Eve
present.
We invited him to stay the night at our house,
but he wanted to go home.
We both cried, because we missed you so much
on Christmas Eve.
Christmas morning, the kids were really excited
for their presents.
I wish you could have seen them.
Santa brought Doodles a doll with a
barking dog on a leash.
Guess what?! The first thing she did when she
got her doll was to take the clothes all off.
Just like I did when I was small.
It must be a little girl thing.
She said, "I bet Oma did too."
I told her I was sure you did.
The Big K. got walkie talkies.
I loved this picture of him.
I thought you would too.
Mom, Dad made sure that the kids had
the presents you wanted for them.
He gave Doodles two books with
dollar bills in the pages. Just like
you wanted her to have.
He put "From: Oma and Papa"
on the tags.
He bought them new, big kid,
Bibles like you wanted.
Th Big K. loved the bank
that you picked out for him.
He was so excited to know that you
had chosen it for him,
that it was one of the last things
you bought.
He loved it. You were right.
Dad found the paint sets that you bought the kids,
hoping to paint with them.
He gave Doodles the one that you
bought for yourself to paint.
I told the kids about you buying them to do
with the kids.
They missed you so much. I cried
all morning.
When I got to my Christmas stocking,
I missed you even more.
I missed you filling it for me, and telling me about
the search for all of the stuff.
I missed our Fun Girl presents
to each other.
We talked a lot about last Christmas.
I'm so thankful that we made it fun.
I'm so thankful that we were all
together.
I'm so thankful you were with us.
At dinner, I used your Christmas table
cloth. Dad said he knew you'd be happy to know
that we were using your things.
He's right. You would be.
You wouldn't have wanted the stuff to just sit and
not be used.
I made Cornish hens just like you did
when we were growing up.
I found a really good recipe
for orange glaze and wild rice
stuffing. You would have loved it.
After dinner, we celebrated
Jesus' birthday.
We sang to Him.
We put one candle on the cake for
each soul that belongs to Him.
We put a candle on the cake for you,
because we know that you spent Christmas
with Jesus. Even though I'm so happy for
you not to be sick, boy do
I miss you down here.
I really missed you at Christmas.
I know your Christmas was merry.
Mom, I want you to know that ours was too.
We did our best. We made it through. We
made Christmas as happy as we could for the kids and for
each other, but we really miss you.
Merry Christmas Mom.
I love you.
Love, Your Pal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home