Monday, March 2, 2009

A Breakfast Obsession

Looking at my past posts, I've realized that I seem
to have an obsession with breakfast. Well,
may the love affair continue.
This weekend, I made the most delicious French Toast.
It was decadent. I had seen an
episode of Diners, Dives, and Drive-Ins
(I think that's the name of the show).
On the show, they featured an eatery in Baltimore called the
Blue Moon Cafe. The girl that owns it makes
Captain Crunch French Toast. It looked so good, that
I tried a version of my own. I made Reese's French Toast.
It was heavenly.
The kids loved it. They informed me that
it wasn't like eating breakfast, it was like dessert.
It really was good. Served up with
some whipped cream, it really was like dessert.
Here's the recipe:
6lg. eggs
5T. sugar
2c. half and half or heavy cream
1t. vanilla extract
1/2t. cinnamon
1/2t. nutmeg
1/2c. butter
1 (16oz) box Reese's cereal
1 Loaf of bread cut into thick slices (similar in size to
Texas toast slices. I made my own loaves of sweet bread, because it's really
hard to find thick slices of bread)
1. Pour cereal into a gallon size Ziploc bag and crush to a course meal. Make sure there are some larger sizes in the cereal. Pour the crushed cereal into a
9 X 13 pan.
2. Combine the eggs, sugar, cream, vanilla, and spices in a large bowl.
3. Dip the bread into the batter, shake off any excess batter.
4. Dredge in the cereal, press cereal on bread. Place the cereal coated
bread onto a parchment lined cookie sheet until all the slices
are coated.
5. Heat 2T. butter in a large skillet, brown slices of toast.
ENJOY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home