Monday, November 16, 2009

One Day At a Time

Funny how life must go on. The sun rises
and sets. Each day takes me farther away from
my Mom.
Today, I saw the most beautiful bush while we were taking a walk.
I caught myself thinking, "Oh, Mom would love this."
She would have. So, I took a picture, because
I loved it too. I shared it with the kids,
and they loved it too.
The night of our adoption party,
we bought window crayons. We had planned to decorate
the window that was near Mom. That way she could look out
and see the pictures that the kids drew for her.
We practiced drawing on our own window.
The writing is still up. I can't
bring myself to wash away
Doodles writing "I love Oma".
I still look at it.
Yet life moves on. Yesterday, Doodles
buried herself in leaves.
I loved the way she looked in
her leaf nest.
I had to take a picture of it.
I know that if Mom could see
this, she would be smiling at Doodles, sitting
in her leaf nest.
She would be laughing as
two seconds after this picture,
the Big K. took a running jump into the sweet little leaf
nest, and Doodles started yelling,
"MOMMY!!! K. is ruining my leaves".
I'm glad that life goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home