Monday, January 18, 2010

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

I love Martha Stewart.
When Jon and I were getting married,
I used Martha Stewart's Weddings
to plan and decorate our
wedding.
I used to read her Living magazine
all of the time. One year, my parents gave
me a year's subscription to it.
I loved it.
Then I had kids,
and frankly who has time to neatly
arrange spring flowers
into an attractive wreath
for the front door.
Not me. Saturday, while I was grocery shopping,
the February issue of Living caught my eye.
I was hungry and there were heart
cakes on the front. I couldn't resist.
It was like visiting with an old friend.
I love Martha. I even
loved her when she was doing jail time.
This month, one of her articles was
about making home made bread.
True to all things Martha, the
recipes and easy to follow directions were
provided.
I usually use my bread machine, but just
this once I thought, I can do this.
Martha makes everything look so easy.
And so, I made Cinnamon Raisin bread.
It tasted as good as it looks.
I do believe Martha would be proud.
Maybe I do have time to arrange
those roses in an artful heart shape on our
dining room table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home