Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One Italian Grandmother

For Christmas, I really
really wanted a pasta maker.
My sweet hubby bought it for me.
He's good like that.
I've never made
my own pasta, but I thought
it would be fun to try.
My first batch was really sticky,
and it didn't run through my pasta
maker right. I was ready to
go on a hunt for an Italian grandmother
who could teach me the art of pasta making.
I wasn't too sure where you find an
Italian grandmother, so I settled for Youtube.
I watched all sorts of videos about pasta
making. There was even one
that had my Kitchen-Aid pasta
attachment.
Today, minus an Italian
grandmother, I tried my hand at pasta
making again.
This batch turned out much better.
I even used whole wheat flour.
At least my noodles will be healthy.
Now I'm off to try my hand making cannoli.
My Dad got
me cannoli tubes for Christmas.
I really do need an Italian grandmother
to help me with all of these
recipes.
Maybe I'll put that on my Christmas
list next year.
One Italian grandmother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home