Saturday, February 13, 2010

Getting To Know You (Again)

This past week has been CRAZY. Adding two little
ones to our family has made us much busier!
The boys lived with us for one year.
They moved out right before
my Mom was diagnosed with cancer, because we believed
they would be returning to their mother, and we
really want to adopt.
Throughout the time they've been out of our home,
we've come to know and love their mother.
We've staid in touch with their other foster mother,
and we've seen the boys off and on.
When the county asked if we could take the boys, we
knew we had to say yes.
Friday, I realized how right that decision was.
P. and D. have visits with their mom, and
they had one on Friday. P. became very upset.
I held him, told him how much I loved him, and I let him
know that he was staying with us until he could live with his
mom. I told him his mom would be coming over to
our house, and that we would be doing things together.
I rocked him in the rocker, something he loved as a two
year old. I held him. I kissed him. I told him how much we
loved him. He started twisting my hair. A habit he
had when he was a toddler.
After I held him for a while, he went into his bedroom.
He opened up his toy bin and started going
through all of his old toys. I'd saved them all of
this time. I'm so thankful they were still here.
As he went through his things, he would
bring them out to me. He would
say, "Mommy, I remember this." or "I love this".
Finally he looked at me and said,
"I did live here before. I did. I remember."
The smile on his face was HUGE! His
eyes have been sparkling ever since.
I knew, at that moment, our decision to allow
the boys back into our family, no matter how long
or how short, was the right one.
God had them returned to us for a reason that only He knows.
I'm just so thankful for this time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ree said...

Awww, so sweet! Glad they're back! :)

February 18, 2010 at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home